Measure Your Corporate Purpose Live, Online, Tailored Program
Are you in the process of designing your corporate purpose statement? Have you developed a statement of corporate purpose and don’t know how to evaluate it?
A quiet revolution took place when the influential U.S. Business Roundtable adopted a new definition of the “purpose of a corporation“. This has realigned strategic planning in the world’s largest corporations from Apple to Walmart. Corporate leaders have now committed to delivering value to all stakeholders – customers, employees, suppliers, shareholders and communities.
This has led many organisations in all sectors – business, government and not-for-profit – to develop statements around an organisation’s reason for existence and impact on society.
Your program will be tailored to your specific needs and is suitable for business owners, executives and leaders in business, government and not-for-profit sectors.
This tailored program delivers:
- Clarity. Clear understanding of your corporate purpose – measurement helps with this enormously.
- Method. A way to measure and report the impact of your corporate purpose.
- Alignment. Better focus by your management team on your corporate purpose.
- Understanding. A clear understanding of your key stakeholders.
- Execution. Results that can be easily communicated and acted on.
Who Will Benefit
Suitable for managers in three sectors:
Your Presenter – Dr Graham Kenny
Graham Kenny is a global expert in strategy and performance measurement. He has written five books, numerous articles and is a regular author in the Harvard Business Review. His HBR articles are at the cutting edge of management thinking and have been accessed hundreds of thousands of times. Some rank among HBR’s most popular.
He is CEO of Strategic Factors – a consultancy specialising in business strategy, strategic planning and performance measurement.
He draws on his managerial experience in several industries, his extensive company research and his many client cases. These are from dozens of industries. Graham goes beyond buzzwords to provide detailed practical steps to define and measure corporate purpose.
Module 1: What Is Corporate Purpose?
Adopted in 2019, and re-endorsed in 2021, the U.S. Business Roundtable’s definition of corporate purpose is to benefit all “stakeholders” including “customers, employees, suppliers, communities and shareholders.” This module asks:
- How do stakeholders impact the design of corporate purpose statements?
- How are large companies adapting to this change?
- What is the impact of this shift on how purpose is measured?
Module 2: How Do You Identify Your Key Stakeholders?
Your stakeholders are the key to effectively measuring corporate purpose. The first step is to clearly define who they are. This module asks:
- Who are your organisation’s stakeholders?
- Which stakeholders are “key” and the focus of measurement?
- Is everyone in your organization aware of these critical groups?
Module 3. How Do You Measure Purpose Impact?
Managers often confuse “measures” with actions and nice-to-haves. In fact, there are only three ways to measure business outcomes. This module asks:
- How do stakeholders measure the results of corporate purpose?
- How can you validate the measures you identify?
- Should you have a mix of objective or subjective measures?
Module 4: Track Your Purpose Scorecard
It’s important to consider the relationship between the identified and selected performance indicators as well as the cause-and-effect relationship between them. This module asks:
- How do you select measures to become KPIs?
- Are some KPIs leading indicators of others?
- Why are measurement intervals important?
The workshop series consists of as many modules as you want.
They are presented by Graham Kenny via Zoom Meetings. Group sessions feature slide presentations and interactive workshopping. Each one-hour module concludes with a 15-minute Q&A session.
As an optional extra Graham can join you for a one-on-one consultation and coaching session to work on your strategy and corporate purpose issues – online or by phone.
Optional Extra – Individual Coaching Session
A focused one-hour coaching session with Graham Kenny to deep-dive into the challenges facing your business in measuring your corporate purpose.
- How do I apply this model in the real-world context of my business?