Measure Your Corporate Purpose Live, Online, Tailored Program
Are you in the process of designing your corporate purpose statement? Have you developed a statement of corporate purpose and don’t know how to measure it?
This tailored program delivers:
- What is corporate purpose?
- How do you define it for your business?
- Why is measurement important?
- How do you measure purpose impact?
Your program will be tailored to your specific needs.
This program is suitable for business owners, executives and leaders in business, government and not-for-profit sectors.
Graham Kenny is a global expert in strategy and performance measurement. He has written five books, numerous articles and is a regular author in the Harvard Business Review. His HBR articles are at the cutting edge of management thinking and have been accessed hundreds of thousands of times. Some rank among HBR’s most popular.
He is CEO of Strategic Factors – a consultancy specialising in business strategy, strategic planning and performance measurement.
He draws on his managerial experience in several industries, his extensive company research and his many client cases. These are from dozens of industries. Graham goes beyond buzzwords to provide detailed practical steps to define and measure corporate purpose.
Program Modules (Example Only)
MODULE 1. DEVELOP A CORPORATE PURPOSE STATEMENT
Adopted in 2019, and re-endorsed in 2021, the U.S. Business Roundtable’s definition of corporate purpose is to benefit all “stakeholders” including “customers, employees, suppliers, communities and shareholders.”.
- What does this mean for the design of corporate purpose statements?
- How are large companies adapting to this change?
- What is the impact of this shift on how purpose is measured?
MODULE 2. DEFINE YOUR KEY STAKEHOLDERS
Your journey to effectively measuring corporate purpose begins by clearly identifying your key stakeholders.
- Who are your organisation’s stakeholders?
- Which ones are key and the focus of measurement?
MODULE 3. DEVELOP MEASURES OF PURPOSE IMPACT
Managers often confuse “measures” with actions and nice-to-haves. We turn our attention to the range of measures at your disposal and discover that there are only three ways to measure business outcomes.
- How do stakeholders measure the results of corporate purpose?
- How can you validate the measures you identify?
- Should you have a mix of objective or subjective measures?
MODULE 4. TRACK YOUR PURPOSE SCORECARD
it’s important to consider the relationship between the identified and selected performance indicators. Is there a cause-and-effect between them?
- How do you select measures to become KPIs?
- Are some KPIs leading indicators of others?
- Why are measurement intervals important?
MODULE 5. INDIVIDUAL COACHING SESSION
A focused one-hour coaching session with Graham Kenny to deep-dive into the challenges facing your business in measuring your corporate purpose.
- How do I apply this model in the real-world context of my business?
Modern Corporate Purpose
A quiet revolution took place when the influential U.S. Business Roundtable adopted a new definition of the “purpose of a corporation“. This has realigned strategic planning in the world’s largest corporations from Apple to Walmart
Corporate leaders have now committed to delivering value to all stakeholders – customers, employees, suppliers, shareholders and communities.
This has led many organisations in all sectors – business, government and not-for-profit – to develop statements around an organisation’s reason for existence and impact on society. However, most are lagging in their ability to measure impact. This requires effective performance indicators.
In this program you’ll learn how to define, measure and monitor corporate purpose.
The workshop series consists of as many modules as you want.
They are presented by Graham Kenny via Zoom Meetings. Group sessions feature slide presentations and interactive workshopping. Each one-hour module concludes with a 15-minute Q&A session.
As an optional extra is that Graham can join you for a one-on-one consultation and coaching session to work on your strategy issues – online or by phone.
- Clarity. Clear understanding of your corporate purpose – measurement helps with this enormously.
- Method. A way to measure and report the impact of your corporate purpose.
- Alignment. Better focus by your management team on your corporate purpose.
- Stakeholder Map. Clear understanding of whom your key stakeholders are.
- Next Steps. Results that can be easily communicated and acted on.
Who Will Benefit
The course is suitable for managers in these sectors: