Design Your Strategy for Advantage Live, Online, Tailored Program
Is your strategy or strategic plan positioned for a volatile future? When your executive team sits down to talk strategy, do you feel like you’re tossing around ideas without a clear method or result in mind?
This tailored program delivers:
- Cutting-edge thinking in strategy design
- A step-by-step method for developing strategy
- Tools for identifying and mapping stakeholders
- Skills in defining and leveraging competitive advantage
- A method for setting clear and measurable objectives
Your program will be tailored to your specific needs.
This program is suitable for business owners, executives and leaders in business, government and not-for-profit sectors.
Graham Kenny is a global expert in strategy and performance measurement. He has written five books, numerous articles and is a regular author in the Harvard Business Review. His HBR articles are at the cutting edge of management thinking and have been accessed hundreds of thousands of times. Some rank among HBR’s most popular.
He is CEO of Strategic Factors – a consultancy specialising in business strategy, strategic planning and performance measurement.
He draws on his managerial experience in several industries, his extensive company research and his many client cases. These are from dozens of industries. Graham goes beyond buzzwords to provide detailed practical steps to define and measure corporate purpose.
“I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this to business managers, CEOs and anyone that needs help to understand strategy and in how to make it work for their business.
THE MAN in strategy, as far as I am concerned. This has been life and career changing.”
Tom Elmer – Professor, West Chester University of Pennsylvania & Consultant
Program Modules (Example Only)
MODULE 1. STRATEGY IN TIMES OF CHANGE
Business is operating in a volatile world but most businesses strategy is not built to respond to change . The module asks:
- Can you list five key ingredients of success in your industry?
- Have you been developing strategy looking inside-out?
- Is your organisation a Champion or a Plodder?
MODULE 2. IDENTIFYING KEY STAKEHOLDERS
“Stakeholders” are now front and centre in modern strategic discussion and planning. But how do you identify them? Which ones are “key”? This module asks:
- Does your team genuinely understand what’s going on in your industry?
- Can you identify your “key” stakeholders?
- Can you describe your target customer clearly?
MODULE 3. SETTING OBJECTIVES
Objectives are essential in shaping strategy. Yet most management teams make a complete mess of writing clear and measurable objectives. This module asks:
- Are you precise in what you want your key stakeholders to do?
- Are you aware of the three ways to measure business results?
- Where do mission, vision and purpose statements fit in?
MODULE 4. STRATEGY FOR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
Competitive advantage, or doing better than the competition, must be achieved at every interface with your key stakeholders – customers, employees, suppliers, and investors. This module asks:
- Do you know the keys to your competitive advantage?
- How can you research strategic factors?
- Have you developed clear positions on where you stand?
MODULE 5. EXECUTING STRATEGY
It seems obvious to say that it’s not enough to design strategy, you must execute it as well. But research shows that this is precisely where things come unstuck. This module asks:
- Have you tried to do too much in the past?
- Have you lacked someone in charge of monitoring progress?
- Have you tried to track progress through normal meetings?
MODULE 6. INDIVIDUAL COACHING SESSION
A focused one-hour coaching session with Graham Kenny to deep-dive into the strategy challenges facing your business. This module asks:
- How do I apply this model in the real-world context of my business?
In the last few years things have changed – dramatically. CEOs, executive teams and managers realise they must reset business strategy. Among the drivers of this change are:
- Volatility – in the business environment, with unexpected disturbances likely at any moment
- Dependencies – new pressures have arisen from suppliers in a disrupted supply chain and employees now working from anywhere
- Stakeholders – a new emphasis on “stakeholders” in management thinking and action, that’s been dubbed “stakeholder capitalism”
Your tailored program will show you how to embrace these changes via an effective framework to move with the times and come out on top.
The workshop series consists of as many modules as you want.
They are presented by Graham Kenny via Zoom Meetings. Group sessions feature slide presentations and interactive workshopping. Each one-hour module concludes with a 15-minute Q&A session.
As an optional extra is that Graham can join you for a one-on-one consultation and coaching session to work on your strategy issues – online or by phone.
- ROI. Increased business growth and profitability
- Method. Structured strategic thinking for your executive team
- Clarity. Clear understanding of your business’s competitive advantage
- Alignment. Organizational focus, with projects directly aligned to strategy
- Stakeholder Map. Clear understanding of your key stakeholders
- Next Steps. Strategy that can be easily communicated and acted on
Who Will Benefit
Suitable for managers in these sectors: